It is easy! It’s delicious! I am not joking, it’s only three ingredients (plus salt- if you want to add it). My children beg for this dinner often (even my picky eater). You can grill it, bake it, or air fry it with little to no prep time!
Salmon- enough for each person to have one or two.
Smoked paprika about a 1/2 teaspoon per piece of salmon. Just follow your heart!
Olive Oil– just drizzle over each piece and rub it in.
Salt (if you want)
Instructions for the grill
1. Preheat your grill, or heat a heavy skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
2. Coat your salmon fillets with a little olive oil, then season them with salt and smoked paprika.
3. Grill or cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
4. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Instructions for the oven
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Easy clean-up!
3. Place salmon on foil or parchment paper and season with smoked paprika, olive oil, and salt.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
Instructions for the air fryer
1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season salmon fillet with smoked paprika, olive oil, and salt.
3. Place salmon skin side down in air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. No need to flip it in the middle of the cooking process.
FAQs about this easy recipe
What does smoked paprika taste like?
Smoked paprika has a deep, rich flavor that is perfect for adding a smoky touch to any dish. It has a slightly sweet taste with a hint of heat, making it versatile enough to use in both sweet and savory dishes.
Do I have to measure the smoked paprika?
I don’t! I think the more the better, but You can just sprinkle as much or as little as you like.
What is the difference between smoked paprika and just regular paprika?
Smoked paprika is made from peppers that have been smoked over a fire, while regular paprika is made from peppers that have been dried in the sun or in an oven. The smoking process gives smoked paprika a deeper, more intense flavor than regular paprika.
Can I use regular paprika?
You can try it (let me know), however, it will not be the same!
Should I pat the salmon dry before I add olive oil and season it?
Some people swear by patting their salmon dry before seasoning it, while others say that it makes no difference. If you’re in the habit of patting your fish dry before cooking it, there’s no need to change your ways. However, if you’re not used to doing this, there’s no need to start. Season your salmon however you like, and enjoy it!
What is the internal temperature of salmon when it is cooked?
The internal temperature of salmon when it is cooked is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you know salmon is done?
To check if the salmon is cooked through, insert a fork into the thickest part of the fillet. If the flesh flakes easily and appears opaque, it is cooked. If it is still translucent and seems raw in the center, it needs to be cooked for a bit longer.
What sides do you make with salmon?
There are many delicious sides that can be made to complement a salmon dish. Some popular options include roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, quinoa or rice, and a green salad. With so many delicious possibilities, it is easy to find the perfect side to complete your meal.