Another party favorite here! This dip will not disappoint anyone, ever. If you make this and check out our number one meatball appetizer here: Best Gluten Free Appetizer for Christmas (Honestly, it is Just One of the Best Appetizers Period), you will have two of the best savory appetizers at your party. Everyone at your holiday party will thank you, and thank you, and thank you.
This gluten-free appetizer recipe is also vegetarian and so easy to make. This will be a go-to holiday appetizer. Have some questions after you check out the recipe? Scroll to the end to check out our FAQs.
Smokey Mozzarella Cheese Dip!
- Fresh parsley cut up into small pieces
- 1 small tomato cut up into small pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp chili pepper flakes- or more if you like is spicy
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (room temp if possible)
- 8 oz of Smoked Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz Provolone cheese
- Italian bread, cut into 1/4″ slices (for your gluten lovers)
- Gluten-free bread sliced or gluten-free crackers
- Sliced cucumbers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make sure all the cheese is shredded in an oven-safe dish. Note: I had to shred the smoked mozzarella and provolone.
- Blend, to the best of your ability, the cream cheese, smoked mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone cheese.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, and chili pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 mins
- Stir the cheese mixture- this is where you will make sure it is blended well. Check to make sure the cheese is all melted.
- Put back in the oven and broil for a few minutes. Note: The cheese can burn quickly, do not take your eyes off it. Trust me.
- After you remove it from the oven, let the cheese rest for a few minutes.
- Put the cut tomatoes and fresh parsley on top.
- Serve with gluten-free bread or crackers and cucumbers.
A few FAQs we learned while making this dip:
I want a little more smoked flavoring in the recipe, how can I make that happen?
We LOVE smoky flavor. Here are two ways to bring on the smoke in this recipe. You can add smoked paprika. This spice has been a game-changer in my cooking. You can also add smoked salt to the tomatoes.
The Top 5 Smoked Paprika Brands You Need to Know About
Smoked Salt: The Best Way to Add Flavor to Your Next Meal
What cheese can I replace smoked mozzarella with?
If you can’t find smoked mozzarella, no worries. It happened to me. You can use smoked gouda or cheddar. Both of these cheeses have a strong flavor, so they’ll be able to stand up to the other ingredients in your dish.
You say to broil the dish, what does that mean?
When you say to broil the dish, it means that you should cook it under direct heat. This will give the food a nice, crispy exterior. Broiling is a great way to cook meats and vegetables alike— especially cheese. Just be sure to keep an eye on your food so that it doesn’t burn!
How do I broil the cheese dish?
On my oven, I just hit the broil button, and the broiling kicks in pretty quickly. Just make sure you place the dish on the top wire rack in the oven. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy! Like I said before, Just be sure to keep an eye on your food so that it doesn’t burn! Every oven is different.
Do I have to have the cream cheese at room temp for this recipe?
Room-temperature cream cheese will be softer and easier to mix, resulting in a smoother final product. The reason it is not completely necessary in this recipe is that you will be able to stir the cheese to make sure it is completely mixed. However, if a recipe specifies for room temp cream cheese, I would make sure to do it. I will make the cooking process easier- it will not affect the taste, but we need it easy.
What other recipes do you have with a smoky flavor?
Smoke Chicken Wings With The Best Chicken Wing Rub for Smoking!
How to Cook a Smoked Turkey Wing
Top Choice Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Recipe!
Enjoy this holly jolly appetizer for your next party! Your skills will impress everyone at your holiday fun! Enjoy!